Happy Friday, Brazenites!
Another week done, another great roundup of reads. Here’s what we’ve gathered for you this week:
1. We know you’re a savvy bunch, so we hope you’ll enjoy this list of 13 strange interview mistakes people have made as an amusing read and not a moment of head-smacking “I’ve been doing it all wrong!”
2. Whatever your age, you would do well to review these 13 money lies you should stop telling yourself by age 30.
3. Crap! You just blew that interview, and you know it. Is there any way to save yourself? Two experts suggests ways an effective follow-up can save you after a bombed interview.
4. Want to know what recruiters are really thinking? Take a look at this infographic on top-secret confessions of the hiring industry.
5. Looking for ways to earn a little spare change now that seasonal jobs are over? How about one of these 30 great side jobs?
6. Know what the new year has in store for you; check out these five tax changes that take effect in 2013 to start planning accordingly.
7. Sick of coworkers dropping their emergencies off on you? Learn the best ways to turn down unwanted projects (a.k.a. “Don’t Take the Monkey”).
Have you read anything this week that’s worth passing on? Share it with us in the comments!