Happy Friday, Brazenites!
Welcome to that lost week where half your office is on vacation and the other half is still nursing holiday feast hangovers. Whichever lot you fall into, here are some of this week’s good reads to get you through the last few days of 2013:
1. We all know we have to suspend (a huge amount of) disbelief to enjoy the classic holiday movie Home Alone. But to learn just how much, read one doctor’s diagnosis of the injuries the Wet Bandits from Home Alone would have suffered in real life.
2. Just because you were hired for the holidays doesn’t mean you can’t negotiate yourself into something longer. Check out these tips for turning your seasonal job into a permanent one.
3. Start your 2013 reading list off right with these career books every young woman needs to read. (Pssst, many of them are applicable for guys, too!)
4. Want to know if you’ll fit in at a company? Keep an eye out for these things to notice around the office during your next job interview.
5. Have you ever used a sick day when you really just needed some “me” time? (We won’t tell on you.) According to a recent survey by Adecco, 47 percent of workers have called in sick because they feel they deserve more vacation time.
6. Up your productivity and impress your coworkers by learning these basics to using keyboard shortcuts like a ninja.
7. Keep the spirit of the season alive (and give your coworkers a lovely surprise) with this list of 52 ways to be kind at work.
Have you read anything this week that’s worth passing on? Share it with us in the comments!