Making nice after an office fight, dealing with customer service reps and more in this week’s link roundup.
Happy Friday, Brazenites!
Another week, another roundup. Start your weekend off right with these reads, hand-picked for you by us (with many happy returns).
1. You know we can never get enough of “at least this hasn’t happened to you” anecdotes. Here’s the latest batch of scary job search stories that will make you cringe.
2. Heading back into the office after a hurricane hiatus? Check out these tips for making the transition back to work after Sandy as stress-free as possible.
3. Being run-of-the-mill is hardly a goal we would recommend. Need confirmation? See these financial reasons why you don’t want to be an “average” American.
4. No degree? No problem. There are plenty of fast-growing jobs that don’t require a college education.
5. From U.S. politics to office politics: how to successfully continue working with someone after you’ve had an office fight.
6. These tips work for everyday conversations, too: six signs that someone is just not that into networking with you.
7. We all hate dealing with customer service when we have an issue. Next time you face the dreaded task, reference this cool infographic on the most effective way to make customer service complaints.
Have you read anything this week that’s worth passing on? Share it with us in the comments!