How to recover from a big mistake, what your job history says about you and more in this week’s link roundup.
Happy Friday, Brazenites!
We hope you’ve made it through another week with your holiday spirit intact. (What? No holiday spirit yet? It’s already mid-November! Get in the game!)
Here are some of our favorite reads from this week to help distract you from all the jingles wafting prematurely from your coworker’s radio:
1. Ever have trouble explaining things like Twitter and Pinterest to older relatives and coworkers? Try this handy-dandy graphic that explains each social media platform through bacon analogies.
2. It can be overwhelming starting your own business. That’s why MBO Partners just launched “The Independent’s Guide,” an online library of free resources like guides, templates and downloadable tools to help entrepreneurs and freelancers build their careers.
3. We all make mistakes; the key is what we do afterwards. Check out these tips on how to recover professionally after you’ve made a major mistake.
4. They want to commit; you want to keep your options open. Here’s how to handle an on-the-spot job offer you’re not quite ready to accept.
5. Be prepared to answer some tough interview questions by knowing in advance which red flags your job history raises.
6. Looking to pick up a little extra cash for gift-giving? Find out which companies are hiring the most this holiday season.
Have you read anything this week that’s worth passing on? Share it with us in the comments!