How to make any job more interesting, ways to use your Sandy downtime productively and more in this week’s link roundup.
Happy Friday, Brazenites!
Our thoughts are with all of you who felt the effects of Hurricane Sandy. We hope you’re keeping warm and safe and your friends and loved ones are, too.
Here are some of our favorite links from this week to help you pass the time if you’re riding out the aftermath.
1. If you get confused stares when you tell people what you do for a living, this post is for you.
3. Stuck at home in the post-Sandy cleanup? Here are some ways you can use this downtime to get a leg up on your business and personal goals.
4. Don’t forget you aren’t the only one who has to prove himself in a job interview. Ask these questions at your next interview to make sure the position is the right fit for you.
5. Who says it has to be spring cleaning? Check out this great list of 29 ways you can declutter your mind, body and soul this fall.
6. Knowledge is power, so arm yourself by knowing these eight workplace rights your employer might not tell you about.
7. We don’t like it any more than you do, but plenty of offices are already sending out instructions for their holiday gift exchanges. So you may as well start reading up now on how to survive the inevitable holiday season office situations.
Have you read anything this week that’s worth passing on? Share it with us in the comments!