Networking can seem so tedious and intimidating. That’s why we’ve gathered up nine of our favorite Brazen posts on networking — to give you a head start.
Networking is one of those things that many of us push to the bottom of our professional to-do lists. We know we should do it. We know it’s good for our careers, whether we’re job-hunting, hoping to start our own business, or just looking to advance our current position. But it can seem so tedious and intimidating.
We understand. That’s why we’ve gathered up nine of our favorite Brazen posts on networking to give you a jump-start to get out there and start doing it—and doing it well.
1. The Secret to Making Online Networking Truly Valuable for Your Career: You know the value of online networking, but are you making the all-too-common mistake of failing to take those relationships offline? Read on for ways to take your online networking to the next level.
2. 6 Ways to Make Old-School Networking Work for You: Meanwhile, out in the real world, there’s a lot to be said for retro-networking (like meeting people face to face). It may not be as buzz-worthy as online networking, but it’s surprisingly effective.
3. How to Network with Anyone: Okay, so you’re out there. Now what? Take some notes from these simple strategies that can set apart world-class CEOs, celebrities—and you.
4. Top 5 Networking Tips for Introverts: Maybe she’s born with it… maybe she learned it from this post. Confidence can be an acquired talent, even for the shyest among us. Try these tips to boost yours today.
5. The 5 Biggest Myths About Networking: Don’t let these common misconceptions discourage you from networking. It’s not as hard (or annoying!) as it may sound.
6. Networking Your Way to Nowhere? 6 Newbie Mistakes You Don’t Want to Make: It’s easy to make mistakes when you’re just starting out. That’s why we’re here to help you learn from our experience and jump ahead of the curve.
7. How to Grow Some Balls at Your Next Networking Event: These tips aren’t just good for working the room at networking events, but for any event where you might feel like the odd one out.
8. How to Get More Business Contacts Without the Awkward Networking: Still not convinced that networking is for you after all that? Then this post’s for you.
9. Why Your Networking Sucks – And the Secret to Doing it Right: Actually, this one’s for you, too—how to network through “non-networking.”