Our latest collection of great professional and personal development content.
Happy weekend Brazenites!
Can you believe it’s back-to-school time already? Even if you’re not headed into the classroom, the end of summer is a great time to seize on the energy of the new school year and kick your professional and personal plans into high gear.
With that in mind, we’ve rounded up tips and stories of inspiration to help you buckle down and make it happen. And hey, if there’s a post you think would make a good addition to this roundup, add it in the comments or tweet it and include the #BrazenStuff hashtag.
1. Okay, so if you’re thinking about starting your own consulting business or becoming a full-time freelancer, you’ll want to read this piece about turning your employer into your first client.
2. While we’re on the topic of working for yourself, here are nine strategies to help you launch that entrepreneurial idea.
3. Ever thought about starting your own social good organization? In this interview, the founder of @shesthefirst, an organization that sponsors girls’ education in the developing world, discusses how she starter her nonprofit.
4. If you’re done with college, but haven’t landed a job yet, you’ll want to check out these career boosting tips for unemployed news grads.
5. Did you hear about the 2010 millennial who unwittingly became the poster girl for out-of-work grads? Read about where she is now.
6. This is pretty neat! Stanford University is offering a free online artificial intelligence course this fall. So far, more than 58,000 students from over 175 countries have signed up.
7. Want to take your blogging to the next level? To write powerful content that changes people’s lives, you need to master writing for yourself.
8. How’s this for an amazing professional adventure? Writer Jay Bahadur, 27, spent several weeks interviewing pirates in Somalia for his latest book. He recently talked about the experience on The Daily Show (hat tip Chris Blattman):