You might not like it, but office politics are part of the job. You CAN navigate them in a way that will help your career!
Note from the editor:
We’ve got a fun, new multimedia feature here at Brazen!
Once a month, we’ll partner with Nando Rodriguez (a social media recruiter) and Charlene Narcelles (a talent recruiter) for a Recruiting Radio podcast. That means MORE advice to help you land your dream job.
Today’s the first installment, so we turn it over to Nando and Charlene!
If you’ve ever worked in a corporate environment, you know office politics are part of the job. Sometimes performing above and beyond in your role just doesn’t cut it. So why do some people get the promotion while you’re still making the same salary year over year?
If this sounds all too familiar, listen up because you don’t want to stay a non-factor.
In this podcast, we put our spin on “playing the office game,” using analogies related to an activity we all know and love — eating!
Highlights in this episode:
- The role office politics play in an organization’s culture
- Buddying up with the movers and shakers
- How not to remain a non-factor at work
- Branching out of your clique or comfort zone
- Being that guy or gal everyone can rely on
- Accepting the harsh realities of office politics
For more info, check out our tumblr: NYC Career Zone. Enjoy the podcast!