Talent Acquisition & HR Solutions
Top 10 "Productivity" Apps for Young Professionals
by Jason H. Parker We here at Brazen love Web and mobile applications. So we’ve compiled a list of our favorite free applications utilized by young professionals.We'd love to hear your favorites!
10. Google DocsWith a new feature that enables users or teams to collaborate using “categories,” Google Docs has become a must-use tool for young professionals working in teams. Use Docs to collaborate on documents, produce easy online surveys or information forms and selectively share editing and viewing rights with key constituents.
8. Mint.com and LearnVest.comA two-for-one financial special! Both LearnVest and Mint helps users budget and track their finances. Additionally, Mint provides a secure page to keep all of your financial information in one place. LearnVest offers financial “bootcamps” and regular tips on how to budget as a young professional. Great tips on financial security and investing make these web apps an easy choice for our top 10 list.
6. Yelp!Ever crave Thai food? Yelp! can help! We use Yelp! frequently to discover the most delicious restaurants in our area. Yelp’s mobile app is incredibly easy to use and always helps you track down the best way to grab a quick bite or snag a reservation for a business dinner with a top client.
5. GroovesharkIt’s the YouTube of music! Grooveshark allows users to upload, search and share music. Top users build out libraries, playlists and favorite songs. It’s a great way to build the perfect playlist to help you complete that urgent project by 5:00 p.m. and get out of your office and on to networking events!
4. DropboxA web app and a desktop app that allows users to back up files, access them online and share with several people to improve team functionality, Dropbox is free, with up to 2 GB of space to back up your files. Use as a coworking resource or as an easy and affordable way to back up important files!
1. GmailYou probably already have a Gmail account; if you don’t, then go get one. Gmail, which features a search-oriented interface, as well as a thread view to track email history, has built the pinnacle of free Web mail. Be sure to check out the “labs” section of Gmail, which helps users maximize their Web mail experience. What did we forget? Which apps do you use to maximize your productivity? Share with us below!
The Brazen Blog
Feb 07, 2018
We Analyzed the Recruitment Marketing Strategies of the Top 25 Winners of the Glassdoor Best Places to Work: Here’s What We Learned
Not too long ago, Glassdoor released their annual “Best Places to Work” awards for 2018. And while Glassdoor described some of the things that each of these top companies are doing to make their company a best place to work, one of the underlying ingredients in all the ratings and feedback is the people. For example, Facebook, the winner of this year’s award, said one of the biggest drivers for creating their great company is the employee’s belief and appreciation that they are working with smart and innovative colleagues.
Feb 22, 2017
Why Employee Flexibility Is Paramount to Employee Retention
Why is it important to keep your employees happy? To keep them working for you!
Jan 21, 2016
What An Eventful Year It Was! A Look Back at 2015 [Infographic]
Dear Brazen customers, You totally rock. Love, Brazen