If you’ve been procrastinating and still have holiday shopping to do before the weekend, here’s a guide for the Brazenite in your life.
At this time of year, most of us are wondering where Halloween and Thanksgiving went and how in the world Christmas is THIS. WEEK.
If you’ve been procrastinating and still have holiday shopping to do before the weekend, here are a few gift ideas for the driven (and brazen) young professional in your life:
1. iPad. Let’s be honest: what young professional wouldn’t want one of these tablet beauties? They’re perfect for working and playing on-the-go. And if your favorite young professional already has an iPad, consider getting the Logitech Keyboard Case to make working on the iPad even easier. Or purchase an iTunes gift card to help them load their iPad with great apps and tools.
2. E-reader. There are so many to choose from this year: Nook just came out with Nook Simple Touch, their touchscreen version of the e-reader, and Amazon just released Kindle Fire. Have that baby pre-loaded with a one of the book suggestions below to start 2012 off right.
3. Career books. Kick off the new year with some useful books about moving forward in your career. A few of my favorites:
- Life After College by Jenny Blake
- Effective Immediately: How to Fit In, Stand Out, and Move Up at Your First Real Job by Emily Bennington and Skip Lineman
- The Art of Non-Conformity by Chris Guillebeau
- The Go-Getter’s Girls Guide by Debra Shigley (Sorry men, this one isn’t for you, but it’s an excellent read for the ladies)
4. Portfolio case or tote. Last year, my boss gave me a portfolio tote to start collecting my writing samples and examples of my work. It was a great way to encourage me to keep my samples organized and up-to-date. You also can never go wrong with a professional-looking padfolio for any job-seeker.
5. Domain name. Encourage the person you’re buying for to get a jump-start on building their online presence by purchasing a domain name for them. I recommend Fat Cow for web hosting and domain name purchasing because they have awesome customer service, but several other sites offer similar services. This awesome post from the 4-Hour Workweek offers tips for purchasing a domain name.
6. Starbucks gift card. If you’re a fan of going to gift card route, Starbucks (or insert your young professional’s favorite coffee shop here) never fails. Caffeine is a must for long days at the office or extra hours nurturing a solo business.
7. Business card holder. Ever been at a networking event and had to fumble in your bag or pocket for a business card? Consider purchasing a sleek (and personalized) business card holder to avoid that pesky problem.
8. Moleskine notebook. These classic notebooks are perfect for jotting down to-do lists and ideas on a whim.
Have any additional gift ideas? Share them in the comments below!