Top Five Benefits of AI-Powered Chatbots
Chatbots are paving the way for a more interactive and conversational recruitment processWe are seeing AI across the entire candidate journey; from the ‘awareness and engagement’ phase to the ‘offer and on-boarding’ phase. And despite criticism of AI in the world of talent acquisition, such as the view that it might actually replace recruiters or that AI makes hiring less “human”, the adoption of these tools has proven to jumpstart a more interactive candidate experience. Not to mention, chatbots produce a plethora of benefits for recruiters. Because of this, recruitment chatbots have become a mainstream tool for hiring professionals in recent years to attract and secure top industry talent. In fact, PwC named AI one of the top eight technologies in business, and IDC predicts AI will be a $47 billion market by 2020. And this hockey-stick growth doesn’t come without reason. The ability to automate HR decisions at the top of the hiring funnel, particularly with the use of chatbots, has enabled not only a more efficient, but a more conversational recruitment process. Let’s take a closer look at the benefits of AI-powered chatbots for recruiters. And if this post isn't enough, check out our Definitive Guide to recruiting chatbots which answers all your questions about AI-powered chatbots
1. Chatbots liberate recruiters from time-consuming tasksOf course, the ultimate goal of every hiring professional is matching the best talent with the right job. Easier said than done. To get there, it requires strategy, technology and perseverance. But it also includes menial and meticulous tasks like screening candidates and setting up interviews. That’s where AI-powered chatbots can come in. One of the main benefits of AI-powered chatbots is they free up recruiters from time-consuming and meticulous HR tasks, by automatically screening questions and capturing contact information for qualified candidates. Those same candidates can now move forward to the the next stage of the process. By transferring the menial and structured tasks to the chatbots during the early stages of the candidate journey, recruiters can spend more time on the important work only humans can do. And this is particularly useful in the ‘awareness’ phase of the hiring process, where candidates are looking for that simple, personalized interaction.
2. Increase conversions from your sourcing effortsSourcing talent and getting the attention of passive candidates at the right time is a key issue for hiring professionals. It’s no wonder that recruiters are rethinking their strategies, seeing as 87% of active and passive candidates are open to new job opportunities and over 70% of candidates are passive job seekers. The ability to instantaneously chat about the job requirements, especially through a personalized message, will increase conversions of those hard-to-find talent. How does this happen? Well, after driving job seekers to your career site through sourcing efforts (like programmatic advertising) or your recruitment marketing efforts, you automatically deploy AI-powered chatbots on your site to start conversations with the job seekers. These candidates are more likely to start a conversation than they are to fill out an application, which is how AI-powered chatbots will increase conversions.
3. Interactive, two-way conversations are more telling of candidate intentChatbots not only help with sourcing, but they facilitate the screening process by collecting and accumulating data related to specific job requirements. Since resumes give only a one-dimensional glimpse of a person’s abilities, using chatbots to ask screening questions will ensure the candidate is fully motivated and qualified before moving onto the next steps. Not to mention, AI-powered chatbots screen candidates with less bias. Whereas humans are prone to a degree of social bias, AI ignores such categorization (gender, age, income), giving candidates an equal shot. One major argument, however, is that chatbots are just as prejudice as the people who programmed them. If the programer is bias, this will be carried over to the bot. Nonetheless, they are a step in the right direction.
4. Candidates want more communication. Chatbots can provide it.The number one request from candidates is more communication. You may be surprised to know that 65% of resumes are ignored at the top of the hiring funnel, and almost 2/3 of applications are missed by recruiters. And this is largely due to the burden of manual screening. Incorporating AI-powered chatbots provides a superior communication channel because recruiters have more time to spend on work that requires actual human interaction. Automation ensures that qualified candidates will stop slipping through the cracks.
5. Chatbots enable more human interactionUnderstanding the rewards (and the risks) of incorporating AI into your candidate journey will enable you to get the most out of these tools. One argument against AI in recruiting is that it will hire the wrong people faster. Another is the view that AI will actually replace recruiters. Despite the idea that they will steal jobs and take over, these tools not only encourage the work of recruiters, but they allow more human interaction throughout the hiring process. Chatbots give recruiters more time to spend on emails, phone calls, and interviews, creating a more intimate and engaging communication channel. It gives candidates a sense reciprocity, which is crucial for the next stages of the process.
Changing the game of talent acquisitionAI is a disruptor, and it is making the world of talent acquisition smarter. Chatbots have become an imperative tool for a more efficient hiring process, by liberating the time of recruiters so they can focus on a superior candidate experience. Despite the criticism, these tools are changing the game. And it’s time to incorporate AI into your recruitment toolkit. If you still have questions about recruiting chatbots like 'what are the best recruiting chatbot companies?' or 'what companies are using recruiting chatbots?' check out our Definitive Guide to Recruiting Chatbots.
P.S. Can we send you an email with our awesome talent acquisition content every week or so?We won't overwhelm you and we'll make it easy for you to unsubscribe if you ever choose to do so.
The Brazen Blog
Oct 26, 2020
5 tips for staying engaged with candidates in a remote world
What does it take to compete for top talent, especially when you can’t meet with candidates in person? You need a strategic plan to foster candidate engagement that works no matter where you and your ideal candidates may be. Using virtual tools to support your communication will help you attract the best candidates and keep them engaged throughout the recruiting process.
The Brazen Blog
Oct 19, 2020
5 biggest mistakes to avoid in virtual recruiting
When your organization has positions to fill, the last thing you want to do is waste time and resources with an ineffective recruiting process. When it comes to virtual recruiting, following industry best practices will certainly improve your results—but if you’re making even one or two of the most common mistakes, you’ll be missing opportunities to connect with top talent. To help you tighten up your virtual recruiting strategy and maximize your ROI, we’re sharing the five biggest mistakes we’ve seen companies make in virtual recruiting. Avoid these missteps and watch your results improve almost immediately.
The Brazen Blog
Oct 12, 2020
How to host a virtual onboarding program for seasonal employees
Winter is coming. And with it, a holiday season that will look and feel much different than it has in years past. If your business relies on temporary employees to get you through the busy season, your onboarding process needs to look and feel different as well. Many employers are pivoting to virtual new hire orientation events to welcome new team members amid the pandemic and organizations that hire seasonal employees can employ a similar model.